Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The day has finally come!

We are all familiar with the joy that Shantel has shown through the growth of her “little ones”! Although my face hasn’t been as sparkly or glowing with praise as Shantel’s, I too am amazed at God’s life through plants. I, however, beam with excitement about different blessings from God.

Shantel posted earlier how I like to enlighten her on the newest model of gun put out by Springfield and she is correct, but my enlightening days are over. No longer do I have to show pictures or try to explain how something works. A dream came true when I purchased a Springfield Armory XD. I will admit that I like guns and believe strongly in the 2nd Amendment. Some people (I won’t mention any names…Thaddeus) go as far to say that I am a “militia man”, but such words are harsh and unnecessary! Despite what others may say, guns will be a part of my house, and yes, the wife approves!

Some of you may be asking yourselves how I managed to pull off this purchase when Shantel and I fit the “poor college student” mold. You see, the answer is quite simple. I have a very understanding wife!

Nah, not really. Well, sort of. Shantel is very understanding, but I…..I am a nerd. I spend my spare time “building” spreadsheets about financial information/projections. One of the spreadsheets masks our savings account. The amount of money in the account is allocated between different savings categories and one of them just happens to be “Andrew’s Stash.” And before all you women start jumping on my back, Shantel has a stash fund as well. My fund has been built up mainly from selling textbooks, donating plasma, and receiving gifts from people. Some funds have been donated by an anonymous donor….Shantel’s Stash. Since I run the show, I get the dough!

For all you people who think that I am unruly tyrant, the last sentence is a joke!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now if the darn thing didn't miss targets so bad.. you'd be in good shape :) -T

Kristen said...

I was starting to wonder if you were ever going to write a post, Andrew! Congrats on the new gun!

Heath said...

You sound an awful lot like a Texan, if you ask me.

Congrats! You'll have to post some intimidating pictures to persuade the naysayers.

Caitlin said...

I'm thinking maybe you two should change your name to Guns and Roses, since your posts are all about guns and plants! You guys a funny.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is fun! Keep posting :-)