Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our little ones

Although Andrew and I aren’t part of the recent movement that has brought three new beautiful babies into our family, we do have our own new excitement. Last weekend I put together an indoor garden on a bookcase in our bedroom. It’s complete with adjustable fluorescent lights and a container to grow my seeds. Last Sunday I planted dill, cilantro, and sage. Since then, each morning I have crawled out of bed to check on them and see if any life can be seen, but day after day I’ve waited, seeing nothing but dirt. As you can imagine, I was starting to worry that they may never come. Saturday morning, however, I glanced over and saw something out of the ordinary in my pot.

Much to my surprise there were three little dill sprouts that had come up overnight! I was ecstatic! By later that evening a few more had popped up. This morning I got up and there were nine dill sprouts, two cilantro sprouts, and one sage sprout! Some of you may think I’m crazy by my overwhelming excitement, but there is just something amazing about putting a little seed in the ground and then seeing it sprout after days of waiting. Andrew, being the wonderful husband that he is, has even gotten quite excited about them!!

I also planted some strawberries, but the directions were a little misleading and I’m afraid I may have killed them by planting them too deep in the soil. I’ve corrected the wrong, but we’ll just have to wait and see if any life will come from them. You’ll surely get another post when that happens! In the meantime, while all of you new parents are gazing at your beautiful babies, I’ll be talking tenderly to my new little dill sprouts!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

How exciting! It's so much fun to see life grow, no matter if it's human or plant. What a wonderful reminder of God's sovereignty and love for His creation!

Caitlin said...

What sweet little babies! Play some classical music or something. Maybe they're grow more like a little baby's brain. Haha.

Heath said...

Take your houseplants and put them to the test, put them both in front of speakers and let the music do the rest: the first you play some Mozart or something lovely like that; and the next you play some Petra or some Megadeath....
- Audio Adrenaline

Kruger Family said...

we need to see an update on the babies! how are they doing?